The MJCast present their fourth annual special episode recognising Michael Jackson’s acquittal from false child molestation allegations on June 13th, 2005. On each of these annual episodes, The MJCast’s Legal Correspondent Charles Thomson along with hosts Jamon Bull and Q, bring a very special guest onto the show to discuss their experience with the trial that so deeply affected Jackson’s life.
In this year’s show, the guys welcome author of the newly released special edition of Michael Jackson Conspiracy, Aphrodite Jones. Aphrodite is a journalist and the author of several bestselling true crime books, one of which was turned into the Oscar-winning movie, Boys Don’t Cry. During Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial, Aphrodite initially found herself on the side of the prosecution. However, after the trial was over, she reassessed her stance, and admitted that she got it wrong. She went on to write one of the most comprehensive books about the trial, Michael Jackson Conspiracy, which includes a Foreword by Tom Mesereau. Self-published in 2007, the book went on to become a cult hit, and is being re-released in a new edition this week. Michael Jackson Conspiracy is the last book Aphrodite published, though she has gone on to be a successful true crime documentary host as well as host of her own podcast, called Sex, Love & Murder.
The new edition of the book features colour photos, exclusive links to footage of accuser Gavin Arvizo being led in a police interview, Michael Jackson discussing a children’s holiday with Martin Bashir and Neverland Valley Ranch during the trial era.
Jamon, Q, and Charles talk with Aphrodite about her early life, her experience being one of the few reporters given permanent seats in the courtroom throughout Jackson’s trial, how she fell under the pro-persecution spell and how she changed her mind. Topics also discussed include her interpretation of how the media handled the trial and how it impacted Michael in his final years.
- Aphrodite Jones’ Facebook, Twitter and website
- Charles Thomson’s Facebook, Twitter and website
- Aphrodite Jones’ Michael Jackson Conspiracy (Special Edition) on her website and Amazon
- The MJCast – Episode 010: Vindication Day 10th Anniversary Special with Tom Mesereau
- The MJCast’s – Episode 033: Vindication Day Special with Scott Ross
- The MJCast – Episode 058: Vindication Day Special (Pirates in Neverland: The Michael Jackson Allegations)
- Aphrodite Jones’ Cruel Sacrifice book
- Aphrodite Jones’ All He Wanted book
- Mary Fischer’s GQ article “Was Michael Jackson Framed?”, available on Amazon or on the MJJTruthNow blog